Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Little Projects

Well the rain continues to soak the grass and flowers. The weeds are lovin' it. So, I am taking advantage of the weather to play around with new projects in Our Treehouse. I made some fun little sterling silver rings, I recycled some bits of silver that I had by melting them into little balls, hammering them flat, stamping them with letters and symbols and soldering them to silver rings that I made ahead of time. My husband gave me a steel ring mandral that I would be lost without.( Thanks sweetie xo ) I have discovered liver of sulfer, I LOVE the effects that I can create with this stinky liquid ( smells like rotten eggs ) the metal can be oxidized from blue to black with many colors in between depending on the length of time that the metal is exposed to it.



I also made a brass ring, which I cut out of a sheet of brass, hammered, cut out the heart, stamped some letters and again oxidized with liver of sulfer.
I brought back to life a pendant with a mountain range, I call it Copper Moon. I treated it to my new discovery and I instantly loved the effects that came of it.
Thank you for taking the time to share in my blog,
M xo

No comments:

Post a Comment