Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Heather's Starfish




My friend and best customer asked me if I could create a starfish pendant for her niece that is graduating from high school. I can't believe this beautiful young lady who I knew when she was just a little ginger haired baby is now going on to her next journey in life. I as usual got excited by the challenge and got busy right away.
I started with a copper little creature that I sawed, filed, sanded, hammered, embossed and oxidized. I tried out my new polishing clothes that I purchased on Etsy ( I have been standing by my pledge to buy handmade ) I love the way the little bumps came to a shine.
I decided the next day to create a sterling silver starfish as well. I am pleased with both.I have given her the option to take both home and with the help of her family she can choose which one will be...Heather's Starfish.
Congratulations " little one ".

1 comment: