Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Workshop Creations






Some of my workshop creations.

The stone is Rhodonite, and is found on Vancouver Island. I created this cabochon by sawing , shaping and polishing it on shop equipement. I started by creating the tree side of this two-sided pendant because I could see a little landscape scene in it that reminded me of the view I get from the local mountain that I often hike. But I changed my mind when I creating the detailed dragonfly that I placed to overlap the Rhodonite on the other side. That then became the focal point. I made the dog bone chain by cutting pieces of square sterling silver wire and placing each end in a rolling mill, drilling holes in each end and joining it all with jumprings.
The piece made it to 3 shows this year.
These are a few of the rings that I made. The middle one is made with a Snowflake Obsidien, it was my very first silversmithing project and how I fell in love with this art. The flower ring I made for fun with left over Rhodonite that I originally was going to add to the dragonfly necklace. Finally the spinning ring is the first ring I made in Our Treehouse studio. It has 3 spinning copper rings, it's addictive to play with when on your finger.
Thanks for looking.
Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment