Saturday, May 30, 2015

Sometimes we are guided...

As some of you may know my mom and dad in Montreal are my best pickers. They spend 3 seasons scouring the thrift stores, garage and estate sales to find me the best silver platters, serving trays and plates to make my jewelry. Today they shared a lovely and touching story with me. They were off to garage sales in the West Island. They came upon a group of ladies who were selling some goods for a fund raiser. My folks quickly spotted some silver and told the ladies that their daughter makes jewelry from these forgotten treasures. The women said to them that she had just heard of a women in BC that makes jewelry with this metal and my parents said, " it is our daughter ". Sometimes we are guided...
I could hear the quiver in my dads voice as he told me this story, they are both so thrilled for me and I know that they are so proud. With all their encouragement as I was growing up and the constant reinforcement that I could do anything if I set my mind to it,  this has helped make me the strong and determined person that I am today.
Love you mom and dad, more than you know.
MMM xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment