Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Hero

I have discovered a hero.
I have been following a young girl on Facebook who lives in Port Alberni and makes blankets for sick children. She started 2 years ago and it has grown to be a full time job. I was fortunate to meet Angel and her mom Cheryl last week. Mr. Roy, Shiraz and I went for a rainy drive to deliver some of my life long quilting fabric, thread and extras. After Angel excitedly dove into the 2 boxes pulling out every color and pattern I was invited to sew some hearts on one sick child's quilt. After each quilt gets assembled it gets 4 hearts sewn into each corner, a pocket sewn on the front where a small stuffed animal will live and of course an angel gets sewn on as well. Then each quilt and stuffy gets a hug from Angel where she adds her love. Shiraz and I were asked to add our ' love' to the blankets as well before they get carefully packed and sent to any sick child in the world that needs one. Unfortunately there will never be a lack of sick children. They are always looking for donations of fabric, money and time. Shiraz and I are invited back to help sew and this is in my plans for 2015. I also know where my money donation will be going this year :) I could have stayed all day but we needed to make our way back home and Mr. Roy was already very patient and sat in the truck for 1 hour while I visited. I came away from this experience with a full heart. The world is a better place because of this loving young lady. Thank you Angel for being you.
MMM xo

No comments:

Post a Comment