Saturday, February 11, 2012

Forgotten Dreams




I was commissioned by a wonderful customer to create 2 cuff bracelets from a family heirloom. Once upon a time there were three sisters, now there are only two. But the middle sister that passed was not to be forgotten in these creations. The lovely platter was a gift for a 25th wedding anniversary to the parents from all the children, this was all inscribed in the middle of the platter, which I saved for my customer. We worked on it together, she wanted the wider cuff with detail in the pattern that I followed along with my jewelers saw. I carefully filed, sanded, polished, and with great care engraved the names of the 3 sisters inside the 2 cuff bracelets. I have been working with silver and mixed metal platters for quite some time now but I have to share with you that I was a little more than nervous cutting into a very personal piece. With such large bracelets there was no room for error.
I presented them to her and she was trilled to bits. She slipped hers on and put the second away to be presented to her sister upon her visit this spring.
I am so happy to be able to turn time worn cast offs into new wearable treasures.
Thank you Mary for trusting me with something that was dear to your heart.
Mimi xo


No comments:

Post a Comment