Monday, October 25, 2010

Recycling,Repurposing,Reincarnating










I have been busy, the rain is back and I look forward to many hours in the Treehouse upcycling new jewelry pieces. I find it so gratifying giving new life to old silver-plated and sterling silver discarded treasures. Using these forgotten dreams and time worn cast offs I am recycling and recreating them into wearable jewels.






I find my inspiration in flea markets, thrift stores and recycling depots. My friends and family are feverishly searching garage sales and other sources to find just the right pieces for me to transform. It is like Christmas when my parents send me a box filled with items that have intricate designs, shapes and textures. Thanks everyone for keeping your eyes and your wallets open for me.xo
Mixed Metal Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment