Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reflection


I am feeling a little melancholy today. It has been raining all day, the days are shorter and I made a wood stove fire. Summer is almost done and autumn is pushing it's way in. My " sister from another mother " came over with a gift, a gorgeous bottle of red called, ' A shot in the dark', we sat and enjoyed a glass and caught up on the day and other events. Here is what the back of the bottle read, and it sums it all up for me.
" Life has it's ups and downs. It can be both brutal and beautiful. You can hole yourself away to avoid life's pain,but then the beauty seldom finds it's way in. It's only when you attempt to go where you cannot go, or do what you cannot do, that you can achieve what you are truly capable of doing. Sure,you might tumble. You might fall. So what? Take a chance. Go way out on the limb. Dare to try-even if it's just a shot in the dark."
I ripped it off the bottle and will carry it with me.
M xo ( mixed metal Mimi )

No comments:

Post a Comment